So You Think You Know Office?
Many companies claim that they know Office365 and perhaps they have successfully installed some licences. However, Boldfield are the real experts in this field with many successful implementations.
Office365 is a powerful tool with several very tangible benefits, however, in many cases Office365 migrations run into issues.
Lack of knowledge on how to integrate the new system with legacy systems is often an issue.
In many cases the installation of Office365 being simply a substitute for what was there before. This is a failure to make use of the many useful and free productivity benefits that Office365 offer.
Our technical director Iain McFarlane explains more:
Key failures that we see are: -
• Seeing Office365 as a simple substitute for Exchange and standard Office licences
• Not predicting the impact Office365 will have on other systems and not planning for all aspects of its implementation
• Failing to comprehend the capability set of Office 365 in terms of collaboration, projects, mobility, conferencing, business intelligence and many much more.
In many cases new deployments miss the range of new features in Office365 which could be useful for them but are not used. many of these are free, other come with a very reasonable monthly charge.
On the subject of charging, we can offer month by month service meaning that you can vary the number of users and the package each month. Need an extra Project Manager with a Microsoft Project licnce for three months? No problem we can handle that.
There are many tangible benefits to Office365 like the monthly fee to save on cash flow and the ability to use Office 365 across multiple devices and platforms but few installations really maximise the benefits of the product.
Some simple examples of the new and often used features of Offcie365 are
Co-Authoring (Multiple people working on the same Word,Excel or PowerPoint document at the same time)
There are many collaboration features such as Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, Planner, Project,Yammer.
Send another user a link to a document rather than attaching a file
You can teach your inbox to declutter itself!
Excel Quick Analysis and Maps
Rows of data can be turned into maps and let Excel do repetitive tasks for you
Use Lens to capture business cards, whiteboards and more into your OneNote
Use your own information
Using Power BI and Delve
It costs nothing to talk to one of our experts to make sure that you get your Office365 migration right and that you make use of the massive feature set that is now provided with the Office365 suite
Office 365 is a cloud computing solution from Microsoft bringing the power of the Microsoft Office suite and the benefits of cloud computing together to provide a cost effective and flexible subscription based solution to businesses. Learn more about Office 365 here.
The benefits of Office 365 include:
- • Monthly subscription based plan – pay for what you use and no sudden unexpected costs
- • Access to the latest versions of Office applications – no more worries about upgrades/licenses and having different versions across your business
- • Access to applications on your desktop so you can work when not connected to the internet (dependant on plan choosen) – just like the old Office
- • Store files either locally or in the cloud
- • 99.9% uptime
- • The implementation can be built around the specific needs of your business
- • Access to applications from multiple devices including smartphones, tablets and Macs
- • Support from our local helpdesks in London, Peterborough and Cambridge
Many different versions of Office 365 are available as shown below so it is important to get the right advice as soon as you are contemplating this move.
|Kiosk||K1||P1||P2||Business Essentials||Business||Business Premium||Office 365 ProPlus||E1||E3||E5|
|Maximum user limit||300||300||300|
|2Gb Mailbox POP or Mobile device only||Y||Y|
|In Place Hold||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Unlimited Archive Storage||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Data Loss Prevention (DLP)||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Office on up to 5 devices (including tablets and phones) includes OneNote and Publisher||y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Online Versions of Office||Y||Y||y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|1Tb OneDrive Storage||Y||y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Skype For Business - Instant messaging, online meetings and video conferencing||y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Yammer - Corporate social network||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Planner - Work management||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Sway - Profesional storytelling tools for reports and presentations||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Remote Desktop Server compatibility||Y||Y||Y|
|PSTN Conferencing and calls from Skype For Business||Y|
Boldfield are also expert in the seamless migration from legacy systems to the new Office365 world.
As a Microsoft Partner, Boldfield can provide you with Office 365 support and tailor your installation to set your business up and get you going. Call us now for more information on how Office 365 could benefit your business and a FREE trial.